The Paralympic Games were officially closed at a ceremony held at the National Olympic Stadium in the capital of Japan. The spectacular competition, held for the first time without an audience for pandemic reasons, was attended by about 4,400 athletes from more than 160 countries, competing in 22 sports and 539 disciplines. The host of the next Summer Paralympic Games in 2024 will be France, the city of Paris. At the ceremonial parade, the Serbian flag was carried by the parachutist Laslo Šuranji, the winner of the silver medal, and with him at the stadium were other Serbian athletes who remained in Tokyo until the last day of the Games.
Super Vero, the proud sponsor of the Paralympic Committee of Serbia, congratulates all our Paralympians on their perseverance and courage, wishing them success in further competitions and preparations for the Paris Games. We invite everyone to heartily support our athletes and equally rejoice in all their successes that will follow.
Let us remind you, Serbia was represented in Tokyo by nineteen athletes, who competed in seven sports – table tennis, athletics, swimming, archery, powerlifting, cycling and taekwondo. Our Paralympians won six medals – two gold, three silver and one bronze.
photo: Paralympic Committee of Serbia
At the Summer Paralympic Games “Tokyo 2020” medals for Serbia were won by:
- Dragan Ristic, two gold medals in para-shooting, R5, 10m, air rifle, lying position, class SH2, Mix and R9, MK rifle, class SH2
- Željko Dimitrijević, silver medal in paraathletics, cone throw, class F51
- Laszlo Šuranji, silver medal in para-shooting, 50 meters air rifle, class SH1
- Zdravko Savanović, silver medal in para-shooting, R9, MK rifle, class SH2
- Borislava Perić Ranković and Nada Matić, bronze medal – parastonitenis, team competition, combined classes 4 and 5.