Try something completely new! A delicious summer dish with shrimp in a beautiful feta and Ouzo sauce!
The name itself excites the palate because this combination of foods cannot be mistaken.
- 3 tbsp(60 ml) olive oil
- 1red onion, finely chopped
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 14large prawns, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup ouzo
- 1 ½ cups(375 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 100 gfeta cheese, cut into cubes, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbspparsley, finely chopped, to garnish
Heat olive oil in skillet. Add red onion and garlic and fry until soft. Add shrimp, oregano, salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute.
Deglaze with the ouzo (Note: pan will flame up so be careful). Cover pan with lid to put out flame.
Add tomatoes to the skillet and simmer until reduced. Add feta, remove from heat and stir.
Top with minced parsley and reserved feta.
Serve hot with slices of rustic bread.